Part 3 - Preparing the case
Let's begin with the case.
- Remove the components from the box if not already done.
- Of the two supplied hex keys, use the smaller one to unscrew the case screws.
- Remove the top case half, and flip it upside down.
- Unscrew and remove the temporary plate screws.
Remove the plate from the case top half.
- At this point, the case should be disassembled enough for switch installation.
Prepare the plate and adhesive gaskets.
- Carefully place 6 of the long gaskets onto the plate, one per tab.
Note: For those who are planning on using aftermarket custom plates, install these gaskets on the case area where the plate tabs overlap; this applies to all gasket steps. For specific warnings and instructions, see here.
Repeat on the underside; there should be 12 gaskets installed at the end of this step.
- Now prepare the sheet of shorter gaskets.
Carefully place 5 of these on the marked tabs.
Repeat the process on the underside; there should be 22 total gaskets installed at the end of this step.
- Set the completed plate aside.
Prepare the case top half and the small rectangular gaskets.
- Place a rectangular gasket horizontally between the marked indents on the side as shown.
Repeat on both sides.
- Install four more of these rectangular gaskets in the corner wells as shown, one per corner.
Set the top half aside.
- Prepare the bottom case half.
Install the provided rubber feet into the indents.
The case is now fully prepared for assembly.
Now it is time to assemble the internals.