Build Guide - English
Thank you for your purchase.
Orbit Assembly Instructions
- Disassemble the case and plate.
- If using vertical 2U keys, install stabilizers onto their respective PCB positions.
- Install the corner switches on the plate.
- Align the PCB to the corner switches and insert.
- Install the remaining switches.
- Verify that the switches are inserted fully (unneeded gaps between the switches and plate may cause acoustic issues).
- Solder the switches.
- Insert but do not solder the indicator LEDs into the PCB holes.
- Install the plate-switch-PCB structure into the upper case half, and flip upside down.
- Insert the indicator LEDs into the case-side holes, and solder into place.
- Screw the case halves together, and install adhesive feet.
- Repeat steps 1-11 for the other case half.
Firmware is customized and written in the typical QMK method. The source is available at
qmk_firmware/keyboards/ai03/orbit. Note that both halves must be flashed independently; it is recommended to leave the TRRS cable disconnected during this process.
Do not insert or remove the TRRS cable during operation. Due to the structure of the TRRS connector, doing so may cause a short-circuit.