Part 6 - Keymap editing and closing words
The key to getting the most out of your Vega is to tune the keymap to your liking.
Thankfully, this can be done in a few clicks.
Download and install Via Configurator if not already done.
If the installation is from a while ago, install the latest copy.
Launch Via Configurator, and plug in the Vega if not done already.
The board should detect automatically.
Switch the layout options under the layout tab so it matches the layout you are using.
Switch back to the keymap tab.
Click the key location to change, and click a key from the list below to write the new keycode in.
This can be done for all layers as needed; switch between them as necessary using the layer toggles above the keymap view.
Some useful keycodes for layer switching:
- MO(x) momentarily switches to a layer, similar to how holding shift allows for entering capital letters while it is held.
- TO(x) switches to a specific layer permanently. This may be useful for completely varying layers.
A full list of keycodes can be found in the QMK documentation.
Once again, thank you for your purchase, and we hope that Vega serves as a reliable keyboard for years to come.
If you ever need support, please contact us at the following:
- For logistical issues such as damage/loss during transit, incorrect order contents, etc., contact TypePlus.
- For assembly help regarding building and similar, first check the FAQ and to drop by ai03’s Discord server for live community support. I won’t always be there to respond, but usually someone will know the answer to the question.
- If it gets to the point where nobody knows the solution, either ping @ai03#2725 in the Discord server, or send me DM after joining the server. Emailing [email protected] will also work, but I may miss the email or be very slow to respond in comparison to Discord.
How did we do?
We will appreciate any feedback you have about the board, and we’ll take it into account for future projects. To submit your thoughts, please use this form.
Note: This is a feedback form, not a support form. For support requests, please see the above section.